We are having some phoneline updates. Please call our main line 0300 365 1123. Thank you. 

Get Help

Grants Search

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

This Grants Search is supplied by Turn2us, a free, independent charity which helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help.

Your browser does not support iframes. 


Correct as of 17/01/2023

General Fund

Glasspool Grants is a UK-wide charity that provides grants support for people experiencing financial hardship, with no restrictions on who they can help. They provide grants for all types of furniture, including flooring – one of the few organisations who do so. All the information is on their website or email: [email protected] with any further questions.

For Families or People with Children

Buttle UK is for families who are experiencing challenging circumstances in addition to financial hardship Tel: 020 7828 7311.

Family Action aims to help prevent an immediate crisis from spiralling and threatening the stability of families and individuals.

Family Fund helps families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under Tel: 01904 550055.

For Women

Young Women’s Trust helps women aged 18-30 with grants to help get the things needed to find work Tel: 020 7837 2019.

Other Funders

Macmillan provide small one-off grants to people for cancer related support Tel: 0808 808 0000.

The RNIB offer grants to support people with sight loss Tel: 0303 123 9999

Wavelength provide televisions, radios and tablets for isolated and lonely people living in poverty Tel: 01708 621 101.

Headway Emergency Fund   help adult brain injury survivors and their families with white goods Tel: 0208 640 8413.


Occupational Benevolent Funders

For people who work/have worked in hotels, bars, restaurants or in the alcohol industry.

Hospitality Action supports people who currently work or have previously worked in hospitality Tel: 0808 802 0282.

Licensed Trade Charity offer financial support to those who’ve worked in the Licensed Drinks Trade/Industry for at least 5 years continuously. Tel: 0808 801 0550.

The Drinks Trust (formerly The Benevolent) support people who work, or have worked within the UK drinks industry Tel: 0800 915 4610.

For people who work/have worked in shops/retail/supermarkets.

Grocery Aid help people who are currently working or have previously worked in the grocery industry Tel:08088 021122.

For people who work/have worked in education.

Education Support Partnership helps those who have taught or been employed by/in a UK school, college or university, in paid employment, for a minimum of one term. Tel: 020 7697 2772

For people who work/have worked in gardening, horticulture and agriculture.

The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) Tel: 01865 724931.

Perennial (for people working or who used to work in the Horticultural Industry) Tel: 0800 093 8543.

For people who work/have worked in the postal service.

The Rowland Hill Fund helps people who have worked for Royal Mail (RM), Post Office Ltd (POL), Parcelforce Worldwide (PFW), Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions or any previously associated companies Tel: 0345 600 4586.

For people who work/have worked in the building and construction industry

Construction Industry Helpline supports current or former workers in the construction industry or allied trades and apprentices to a construction trade Tel: 0345 605 1956.

For people who work/have worked in nursing

Cavell Nurses Trust support nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants, working and retired, with essential white goods. Tel: 01527 595999.

Royal College of Midwives Benevolent Fund helps midwives and maternity support workers Tel: 0300 303 0444.

For people who work/have worked in social care

Social Workers Benevolent Trust gives financial support to social workers but only assess applications bi-annually. Tel: 0121 622 3911

For people who serve/have served in the armed forces.

SSAFA provide lifelong support to both regulars and reserves in the Armed Forces and their families, including anyone who has completed National Service. Tel: 0800 731 4880.

The British Legion provide financial support to the Armed Forces community Tel: 0808 802 8080

Other Occupational Benevolent Funders:

The Bakers Benevolent Society supports those who have retired from the baking industry or its allied trades. Tel: 01992 575951.

BEN the Automotive Industry Support Service (previously Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund) supports people who’ve worked in the automotive industry and their families. Tel: 08081 311 333.

The Institution of Structural Engineers Benevolent Fund helps members and former members of the Institute, and their families. Tel: 020 7235 4535.

The Charity for Civil Servants gives financial support to civil servants. Tel: 0800 056 2424.

The Railway Benefit Fund supports current, retired and former rail staff and their dependents with grants for essential furniture items. Tel: 0345 241 2885

Fashion Textiles Children’s Trust fund white goods, essential household furniture and children’s bedroom furniture for workers in the UK fashion and textiles industry.

Back to Get Help